Training Division of the Institute is an ISO 9001 : 2008 certified centre, par excellence, for providing training in mulberry sericulture. It has been recognized as a Lead Centre for higher learning and advanced training, especially in tropical sericulture. Training Division is well equipped with all modern facilities required for training. The hostels with good facilities for boarding and lodging are also attached to the Training Division. It has collaboration with various National and International organizations for providing training in various aspects of pre-cocoon sector of mulberry sericulture, including Distance Education in sericulture with Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi.
|External View ||Inner view of Training Division|
Vision: CSRTI - Training Division aims to be a model training centre for tropical sericulture by being responsive and participant-centred Institution dedicated to academic and technological excellence in mulberry sericulture, thereby enabling participants to improve their knowledge and skill and become technically competent so as to make the Sericulture Industry more vibrant.
Mission: To deliver the best quality training that meets the customer satisfaction and to generate professionally competent human resource that provides continuous flow of trained manpower to sericulture industry.
- Generate Human Resource in sericulture by imparting training through various training programmes.
- Provide a steady stream of professionally competent sericulture science Post-graduates and undertake research on training needs and assessment.
- Strengthen the Institutional capabilities through continuing education programmes and training systems and updating the knowledge of staff both within the country and abroad.
- Design and implement the need-based formal and informal training programmes.
- Assist the Department of Sericulture of different State Governments and Universities/Colleges to develop the curriculum and training programmes in sericulture.
Generate Human Resource in sericulture by imparting training in latest technologies through various training programmes.
Corporate Consultancy Services in Sericulture:- This Division offers consultancy services to corporate sector and various stakeholders of sericulture industry in different areas viz., project formulation, undertaking survey & pilot project, project appraisal, technical/management consultancy, research & development, technology transfer, training & HRD, market research, monitoring & evaluation studies, product testing and grading, services, follow-up consultancy, etc.
- Structured Courses
- Certificate Courses
- Sponsored Programmes
- Establishment of Seri-Technology Complex for Women (Sponsored by Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, New Delhi).
- Training Programme for University Students.
- Research Project work for Post-Graduate students.
- Guiding students for M.Sc. dissertation work.
- Guiding students for Ph.D. affiliated to University of Mysore.
- Seri Consultancy Services
- FACULTY – Well qualified faculty and also support of 12 laboratories.
- SEMINAR HALL with modern audio-visual facilities like LCD, Laptop, mike system, etc.
- Separate Chawki & Late-age rearing houses and mulberry garden, exclusively for conducting training programmes
- COMPUTER – Separate Computer facility with Internet and LAN connection.
- CLASS ROOMS & LABORATORY – Well furnished class rooms and laboratory with latest Audio-visual equipments.
- HOSTEL – 4 Hostels viz., Krishna & Pampa (for Gents), Godavari (for Ladies) and Ganga (for Farm women) are functioning with furnished facility for accommodating 150 trainees at a time.
- Dining Hall, Reading Room, indoor and outdoor playgrounds, Gymnasium and Medical facility.
One hundred and twenty five (125).
Please contact Scientists Concerned.