To conduct research on sericulture extension and socio-economic aspects of sericulture and coordinate the extension activities of CSRTI, Mysore and its nested units.
- Conducting research on sericulture extension and socio-economic aspects of sericulture.
- Demonstration of bivoltine sericulture technologies with the adopted farmers.
- Cordination of implementation of Cluster Promotion Programme (CPP) in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Maharashtra.
- Providing advisory service and input supply to the farmers through Farmers Advisory Centre.
- Publishing periodicals (Reshme vahini) and literatures (manuals, leaflets, booklets etc.,) for the extension personnel and farmers.
- Organizing extension communication programme like group discussion, exhibitions, Reshme Krishi Mela and field day to create awareness on new technologies.
- Monitoring and evaluation of technologies under OFT programmes of RSRSs.
- Transfer of proven technologies through demonstration by RECs with the support of DOS in southern states.
- Co-ordination of large-scale popularization of proven technologies through DOS.
Sericultural Extension, Economics and Management.
- Characterization of Status and Assessment of Potential for Mechanization of Mulberry Cultivation and Silkworm Rearing.
- An Economic Investigation on Costs and Returns in Mulberry Cocoon Production in South India.
- On-farm testing of technologies.
- Supply of chawki worms to the nearby farmers.
- Providing advisory service to the farmers.
- Popularization of power sprayers, pruning saws, secateurs, mountages and vermi-composting through CDP subsidy.
- Supply of inputs like mulberry cuttings, biological agents for disease and pest control, guidance for establishing new mulberry garden and rearing house and extension services like testing of soil and water.
- Popularization of technologies through mass media like All India radio, television, farm publication (Reshme vahini) etc.
- IVRS - Interactive voice response system provides 24 Hrs service in all the 365 days to clarify sericulture farmer doubts/problems over phone which is free of cost from any corner of the country. Toll free no. to call: 1800-425-0010.
- Farmersí advisory center with audio-visual aids.
- Kiosk to provide real time sericultural information.
- Farmersí museum.
- Model chawki rearing centre.
- IVRS - Interactive voice response system - Toll free No. 1800-425-0010.
- Research Papers:- 150
- Periodical:- Rashme vahini.
Reshme Vahini - Kannada News Letter
- Language: Kannada
- Periodicity: Bi-monthly (6 issues/year)
- Subscription: Rs. 42.00 for one year/ Rs.100.00 for 3 years
- Coloumns in the newsletter: Features of new technologies - Season related problems and solutions - Farmersí innovations - Farmersí coloumn - Answer to farmersí questions - Calendar of operations - Interviews with progressive farmers - Do you know coloumn - Details of forthcoming training programmes, workshops, seminars etc.
- The subscription amount may be sent to:
Central Sericultural Research and Training Institute,
Manadavadi Road, Sriramapura,
Mysore- 570 008, India.
Please Contact Scientists concerned
|Copyright © 2005 - CSRTI, Mysore|
|Site Hosted and Maintained at Computer Center of CSRTI|