CSRTI, Mysore Library was founded in 1962. It is situated in a strategic point within the premises wherein the knowledge hungry and information seekers can immediately access. It is the library staff which forms the vital link between the vast body of information and who need it. CSRTI, Mysore library staff are the knowledge managers in knowledge hungry universe.
In the world of information resources which go far beyond the traditional word, CSRTI, Mysore library has the vision to provide free and open access to scientists as well as students of CSB and its units and also to other university, research institutes, corporate persons etc.
CSRTI, Mysore library understands and have the mission:
- To define information needs.
- To have information seeking and communication.
- To asses the relevance of information.
- To manage information in any context.
- To assist patrons to use the most common information tools in the most appropriate fashion.
- In record management & In readers' advisory services.
To provide information and Library services for specialists, researchers and students associated in research work in the field of sericulture.
- Reference service.
- Interlibrary loan service.
- Translation service.
- Documentation service.
- Photocopy service.
- Database retrieval service.
- Automation of library-bibliographical processes.
- Book hygiene and restoration.
- Catalogues and literature systematization.
- Reference and information service.
- Scientific bibliography.
- Diseases and pests of mulberry and silkworm - A documentation is being compiled.
Library has a very good depository built to contain a good collection of books and other materials maintained for reading, consultation, study and research and organized to provide access to specific clientele, with staff well versed to provide services to meet the needs of its users. It is a modern library. Electronic databases, the internet and CD-ROMs join published material resources in an increasingly crowded information environment. It has a standard programs and subroutines that are stored and available for immediate use (Computing).
- Thesis, Dissertations, Technical reports, Rules books: 10221
- Bound volumes of periodicals: 6500
- Annual reports: 300
- News letters: 10
- Maps: 60
- Scientific Journals ( Indian & International) subscribed: 98
- CD-ROMS (AGRIS, Biological Abstracts, BTCI): 3
- SERIDOC - A half yearly documentation on sericulture research is being published from 1985. (Continuous).
- CONPRO - A database on Concluded projects of CSRTI, Mysore and its nested units from 1962 - 2002.
- SERIS - A bibliographical database on sericulture in collaboration with MKU, Madurai, with 25000 articles has been created and sent to Central office for commercialization.
Please contact Scientists Concerned.