The Bioinformatics Centre at Central Sericultural Research and Training Institute (CSRTI), Mysore was established as a sub-node of the BTISnet, Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi in 1999 primarily to support the biotechnological research in sericulture in the country.
The BTISnet comprises one Apex Centre at the Department of Biotechnology, ten specialized Distributed Information Centres (DICs) in identified major areas of biotechnology and 46 Distributed Information Sub-Centres (Sub-DICs). All the centres are interlinked through satellite communication system, each providing information support in specific areas of Biotechnology and helping in the diffusion of scientific information across the network. Six national facilities for Interactive Graphics based computational requirements, and four long-term educational programmes started during 8th Plan are additional components of the programme.
- Development of Databases and Softwares.
- Organizing Training/Workshops on Seribiotechnology and Bioinformatics.
- Research Support to Postgraduate Students.
- The infrastructure resource and expertise of the center provides support to the scientists of the Institute. The centre also provides online and offline browsing to students, scientists, researchers and trainees in various fields of biotechnology and seribiotechnology.
- The centre is developing a digital studio to convert the technologies available in print media to digital media with better audiovisual support.
- Database of DNA sequences for important plant genes and mulberry.
- In Silico Management of data on mulberry genome.
- Products and Byproducts Utilization in Sericulture.
- The Silk e-Lab.
- Sample Web Application for Analysis of Molecular ID.
- An Annotated Protein database for Silkworm and Mulberry Proteins.
- Construction of growth indices in popular breeds/hybrids of silkworm Bobyx mori L. in relation to nutritional conditions.
The center is equipped with 2 mbps BSNL Leased Line Internet connectivity through CSRTI-LAN. It also provides offline CD browsing to students, scientist, researchers and trainees in various fields of biotechnology and seribiotechnology and serbioinformatics.
Please contact www.btismysore.in